Friday, August 5, 2011

I don't know about you, but I love to sew.

And I love to sew everything. If I could make a living sewing 12 hours a day, with different projects all the time, I would be very, very happy. Unfortunately, it's hard to convince SO that I might actually make a living at it, so right now it's my hobby. I sew for my children and for myself. I wear what I sew. My daughter plays with a doll quilt. My sewing machine is almost permanently placed on my kitchen table (we have no specific sewing spot)!

I wonder, what do others do with their sewing/crafting bug? Do you force yourself to stick to one thing? Do you sell just one thing, and make everything else your hobby (stuff for family, gifts, etc)? It's so hard to stick to one thing. Right now I am really leaning on maternity skirts and doll clothes, because 1) I love my maternity skirts, and 2) I love MAKING doll clothes. I love dressing up my daughter's doll. I would have an AG doll whether I had a daughter or not! They are just fun. :)


But I also have my daycare business, which we are working on getting started, and so I have to limit my production some. We'll see how things work out. I need to make a dress for my daughter, now that I think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment